Sunday, 23 April 2017

Revelation 22:12 Commentary by Jacob Atitebi

WORD MEDITATION
23rd of April, 2017

TEXT: Revelation  22:12

And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

Commentary by Jacob Atitebi

This morning when I asked God question about what He asked for certain set of people, He spoke to me clearly and gave me this scripture I will do commentary on today. The revelation God reveal to John His chosen vessel is for every living being on the surface of the earth no matter your religion.

In context, God revealed the vision of a new heaven and a new earth to John. Also, he heard the voice of the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last saying  And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

Whenever God said behold He want you to see and hold on to His word. To behold God's word us to observe His word. It's just as it was  pronounced "Behold". It means to be that word and consider such word(s). The statement that follows the behold " I come quickly" tells us how and when the coming Jesus Christ will be. It won't take long. He is coming soon. You don't wait for long and get tired of His waiting. No! You must understand that the coming of Jesus is very soon and and with no prior notice. This understanding will help you to preparing for His coming and wait for His reward that your deeds deserved. The purpose of His coming is to give reward to you and I according to the work we have done. What is your work? Can your work withstand the test of time? Will your work receive eternal life or eternal death? What your reward will be when Jesus returned will be determined by your work. Work here does not mean your daily work for living No! It is your deeds according to verse 11 of Revelation chapter 22.

He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

To have eternal life as your reward you must live holy and be righteous.

Recent Post

Verse of the day

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. (Psalms 46:1)

Popular Posts